Summer is in full swing, and this time of year can be challenging. Between school being on break, the gorgeous weather, and EVERYONE going on vacation, distractions are at a maximum. If you’re finding it hard to find work/life balance, consider the following tips for summer success!
- Set a specific summer schedule. Post it on your refrigerator so everyone in the household knows when you must work and when you are free to let loose!
- I know you’ve heard, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” It also makes Jack depleted and cranky! Even if you can’t escape on an extended vacation, commit to family and friend playtime. Be sure to include it on your summer schedule to have something to look forward to.
- Don’t skimp out on prospecting! With all the summer activities occurring, now is an optimal time for networking and making contacts.
- I mentioned summer activities … use these as a way of staying connected and providing an extra special touch to your past clients, core vendors, and others in your sphere. Invite them to movies in the park, free concerts, or a day at the zoo!
- Keep your head in the game by reading a business book in your downtime (like at the beach or while camping).
- Stay cool and hydrated! It’s crucial to take care of yourself in these hot temperatures, so be sure to have water, sunscreen, and a hat handy whether you are door knocking or at a barbecue.
- Maintain your focus on the success of your business by re-reading, revising, and recommitting to your business plan and the goals you set for 2016.
This summer doesn’t have to be work OR play …you CAN have your cake and eat it too by utilizing the tips we’ve provided. We’d love to hear from you: what do you do to ensure work/life balance? In the meantime, stay cool!