Can you believe that the first 90 days of 2018 have already concluded?
As you know, all businesses measure their quarterly results. Right now, it’s time for you to do the same.
Now that Q1 has concluded, you should ask yourself these 4 critical questions:
- How did we do in relation to the written goals we set? (i.e. What % did we achieve?)
- What specifically was accomplished during the last 90 days?
- What worked, what didn’t, and what did we learn?
- What adjustments need to be made in Q2?
Once you’ve asked (and answered) these four questions, the next step is to define and write out your goals for the next 90 days. Real estate agents should consider including the following (at least, but feel free to add more as you see fit for your work):
- Activity Metrics: Decide on the number of closings, listing appointments, listings taken, exclusive buyer agreements, and buyer sales you’ll aim to hit
- Actions To Be Taken: Identify a maximum of 6 specific ways to accomplish the above; these can be the same or different from last quarter based on what worked or didn’t work in Q1.
FOR EXAMPLE: Q2 Goals for Agent Johnny Appleseed
* 6 closings
* Go on 9 listing appointments
* Take 5 listings
* Sign 4 BRE’s
* 4 buyer sales
Actions To Be Taken
- Door knock 3x per week in geographic farm, ensuring every home is touched 3x during Q2
- Host a shred event in farm in May and a fundraising event for a local shelter in June
- Expand social media presence (Facebook and Instagram) by posting 3x week, including Facebook ads for shred and fundraising events
- Call and/or email Past Clients, Sphere of Influence/ “Core 20” key clients, PLUS 300 (100 per month) from general database with intention of identifying new 30 day leads
- Enlist a role play partner and practice listing presentation and objection handlers 2x /week
- Commit to 2 open houses per month with intention of only working with buyers who sign exclusive buyer agreements
As you can see, goals don’t have to be lengthy or complicated. They do, however, need to be written and specific.
The months of April, May, and June represent the most productive selling months of the year. Don’t squander this opportunity! Identify, create and work your goals to ensure 2018 is your best year ever!