Having spent the summer lounging, reading, beaching, barbecuing, partying, picnicking, concerting and vacationing, September represents the month of change, the time we transition back to business “as usual,” yet with renewed energy and commitment!
September offers us opportunity to re-calibrate, prepare and plan for the final quarter of the year.
What makes this month so critical? How we treat September directly affects both the energy and momentum we bring to the months of October, November and December; those pivotal months, in turn, directly affect the way we launch into the January. Imagine beginning the new year with solid leads and sales in the pipeline; all readily achievable, provided we take action now!
Here are a few tips to help regain your equilibrium in September so you can make the most of your final quarter:
- It's not too late to plan. Create, revisit, or recreate a simple, realistic and achievable 90-day set of both personal and business goals. Identify in writing 2-3 specific activities per goal you intend to undertake in order transform that desire into reality.
- Revise your daily and weekly schedule. Parents, put all the kids’ school events and holidays on your calendar first. Then, create your business schedule around your kids’ so you’re not caught off guard. Next, identify your work days and post this calendar in a common, highly viewable area so the family can see when you will NOT be available to them.
- Master your time. Time block your most critical business activities in your daily and weekly schedule. These are those precious, vital few activities that deliver the biggest outcomes and rewards. In most businesses, generating new leads, following up with already existing leads with the intention of setting appointments or solidifying relationships are the highest income generating activities.
- Remain patiently impatient. All industries experience a sales cycle. Understand yours as well as your own personal business cycle. Acknowledge the ebbs and flows; don’t sweat it. Rather, use a lull to rethink, readjust, reorganize, re-strategize, remarket and reconnect with others when you are usually too busy to do so. Interesting to note that often by letting go, not pushing so hard, business appears. Also, recognize and accept the lag time from initial lead introduction to conversion into booked business. Continue to persevere.
- Take action. Start. Now. Quit overthinking.
Top producers know that a robust January and February is directly proportional to the momentum built from October through December. So, use September to mentally and physically prepare and brace for the final intense year end push. Reaping a harvest early next year, you’ll be grateful you used this month wisely!
To get a jump on 2018, spend time now ON your business, not simply IN your business. Please join us for the 2018 Business Planning Workshop, October 19 at The Beverly Hills Board of Realtors. Limited seats so register now! Purchase tickets HERE!
Don't just hope for a winning year, plan for it!