I am so grateful for my wonderful and supportive husband, Joel. I am grateful for my family, my beautiful grandchildren. I am grateful for my health. I am grateful that everyday I get to do what I love! Naturally we use Thanksgiving as an opportunity to reflect on all we are grateful for. Consider adopting an attitude of gratitude year round! Amy Morin, LCSW, recently outlined ways expressing gratitude all the time can benefit your quality of life:
- Gratitude opens the door to more relationships.
- Gratitude improved physical and psychological health.
- Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression.
- Grateful people sleep better.
- Gratitude improves self-esteem.
- Gratitude increases mental strength.
After the holiday is over, take a moment - every day - to give thanks.